About Me

My photo
I have only recently moved to the Cariboo region of B.C Canada, and discovered the madness of Share Sheds!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

History

I think I have had this problem of liking cheap, or free stuff right from the beginning. As a child I remember biking down the road a few km to a dump with local kids and picking through stuff we found at the dump. I specifically remember bringing things home to decorate my tree house back then. I even remember furnishing it with some great rugs pieces too lol.
As I got older, and had kids, I was always shopping at thrift stores, making my dollar go further, but really liking it, loving the fact that I was finding some pretty great stuff for next to nothing sometimes, while others were paying a hefty price buying at all brand new.
I am an advid garage saler too, however, since moving here to the Cariboo, I just wait till the day after the garage sale day and go to the share shed, cause now everything the people couldn't sell is usually there at the dump/share shed the next day.
Some of  the finds over the last year being here are as follows:
Perfect runny lawnmowers, and Weedeaters
Printers
Clothes
Shoes
many computer parts
desks
bed frames
dishes
bread maker
steamer
curling iron, and flat irons
tons of building materials
lots of pots for planting flowers
hot tub
motorcycle
bikes
inflatable boat, just needed a patch
and the list goes on and on and on.......however, from now on, the things we find on our weekend share shed adventures I am going to post about and take pics for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment